- Music Teachers National Association; I serve on the executive board of the local chapter of MTNA, the Austin District Music Teachers Association as Student Events Chair
- The United States International Duo Piano Competition; Board member
- American College of Musicians
HONORS & AWARDS
- 2008 ADMTA Teacher of the Year
- 2006 - 2017 United States International Duo Piano Competition Award - as a performer and teacher of Honor Concert students.
- Bachelor of Music in Piano Pedagogy, Minor in Music Theory, The University of North Texas, 1983
- Master of Music in Piano Performance, Texas State University, 1987
- 1983 - present ~ Private Teacher and Owner of Musical Moments Piano Studio
- 1999 - present ~ Piano Accompanist
I accompany various violin, viola and cello studios in the Austin area in master classes, recitals and concerts. I also accompany high school and middle school band students for UIL solos.
- 1999 - present ~ Piano Judge
National Guild of Piano Teachers, Austin District Music Teachers Association and the Texas Federation of Music Clubs. I judge and critique piano students locally and internationally in live and taped auditions.
- 2003 - present ~ Staff Accompanist
Austin Suzuki Academy. I accompany string performance classes and concerts.
- 2016 - present ~ Piano Teacher
St. Stephen's Episcopal School. I teach private piano lessons for grades 6 - 12, for credit or enrichment.
- 2001 - 2006 ~ Piano Teacher
Trinity Episcopal School. I taught private lessons for the After the Bell school program.
- 1997 - 1999 ~ Music Appreciation & History Teacher
Texas Summer Music Academy. I taught at a summer music camp for 3rd through 5th graders. The courses emphasized the various periods of music literature, the lives of the composers, opera stories and literature, and jazz history and literature.
- 1987 - 1994 ~ Music & Preschool Teacher
St. Matthew’s Episcopal Day School. I developed and taught music classes for ages 12 months to Kindergarten. The music program included singing, movement, rhythm activities, developing listening skills and learning musical concepts. I also played the piano for all chapel services and other school programs. In addition to teaching music, I taught three-year-olds for five years and I designed the Toddler Program and taught ages 12 to 36 months for two years.
- 1989 - 1994 ~ Consultant & Workshop Presenter
Sebastian & Associates. I prepared and presented music and early childhood education/certification workshops to early childhood caregivers around the state of Texas.
- Musical Moments in Early Childhood. Texas Childcare Quarterly, Summer 1992.
- Music for Infants and Toddlers. Texas Childcare Quarterly, Winter 1992.
- Smooth Transitions for a Smooth Day. Texas Childcare Quarterly, Winter 1993.
- Scholastic Early Childhood. I wrote the music curriculum of this series used statewide for Head Start programs. Scholastic Inc., 1994.